In order to succeed in the 21st century young people need more than just high-quality academy or vocational qualifications; they need the confidence, self-belief and other transferable skills demanded by employers and universities.
In an ever changing educational environment North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College (NSETC) will respond to the demands of parents, students, employers and universities to deliver a new approach to help raise aspirations and skills.
Within the region there are opportunities and growth industries for those with the right skill sets, these are qualifications in areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) and broader transferable employability skills.
NSETC will equip its students with these qualifications and skills to allow them to take advantage of these opportunities.
The ethos of NSETC is to be professional and aspirational whilst being fully inclusive; this will be achieved through the following values and principles:
- Putting our students’ success and progression as our highest priority
- Valuing, respecting and supporting students
- Staff acting as role models of professionalism and success
- Staff delivering excellent teaching and learning, in a business/industry-like environment
- Staff and students being treated with respect
- Working at NSETC is a positive, enriching and developing experience
- Promoting the values of being well behaved, courteous, self-confident and ambitious
- Delivering practical, professional, vocational and technical education combined with a strong academic offer
- Valuing and using the expertise of our employer partners
- Continually strengthening our partnerships with all education providers and the wider community to enhance learning.
- To inspire and motivate students to be the best they can be
- To have high expectations of our students and be ambitious for their future success
- To produce well-rounded, confident and active citizens who are able to maximise every opportunity for progression into Higher Education, apprenticeship or employment
- To offer academic, vocational and technical learning enabling each student to learn and achieve in a style best suited to them
- To be an outstanding provider of 14-19 education that is renowned for its STEM provision and its enterprise and entrepreneurship encompassed within a broad based curriculum
- To be an inclusive centre of excellence – providing innovative and dynamic approaches to learning, tailored to meet student needs regardless of ability, culture or gender within a business-like environment
- To combine the highest academic standards and levels of expertise with entrepreneurship and enterprise
- To work with employers and universities to design and develop the curriculum, give students meaningful experience of work placements, real-life projects, and Higher Education
- To provide an understanding and experience of what makes a successful business
- To develop the skills required for meaningful progression on a career path most suited to the student.