North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College (NSETC) moved from the interim site accommodation at Weston College’s South West Skills Campus, in Locking Road to its own £12million building at Beaufighter Road in September 2016.
The new building is part of Weston-super-Mare’s Junction 21 Enterprise Area. The location means NSETC can build even more links with local businesses, which will allow students to excel not only in the classroom, but outside of it, too.
BAM Construct UK were in charge of the NSETC build and students had the opportunity to forge links with the company when they completed long-term work experience on the site. BAM also put on a careers seminar for NSETC students and organised trips to the site to show students milestone moments throughout the build.
The new building provides a welcoming, supportive and business-like environment, with areas for social and recreation activities.
NSETC’s new building includes a ground-breaking, high-tech environment with industry-standard facilities, including:
- A purpose-built science floor with super labs and an outdoor terrace for experiments
- An all-weather sports pitch
- Technology areas for IT and design subjects
- Innovation spaces
- Learning resources space and a library
- Modern classrooms with the latest IT equipment
- A design and technology workshop
- A simulated medical treatment room – for students to experience hospital patient care
- Engineering laboratories and workshops
- A canteen
- A sports hall
NSETC’s aim is to equip its students with the necessary skills and experience to prepare them for working life or higher education.
NSETC moved to its new building in September 2016, which is located next to the Helicopter Museum. The building is less than five minutes from Junction 21 of the M5 and a short drive from Weston-super-Mare town centre. It is close to several bus stops and just a 15-minute walk from Weston Milton train station. For more information on how to get to NSETC, please click here.