NSETC’s aim is to prepare its students for their next step – whether that is university, an apprenticeship, employment, or setting up their own businesses.
Careers information, advice and guidance is delivered through different events and one-to-one sessions and students are given opportunities to be mentored by industry experts. Students have the chance to visit different universities, to explore the benefits of apprenticeships and meet employers to prepare them for their next stages – we will guide them through their UCAS application and help them prepare for interviews.
However, there is more to being successful than meeting university entry requirements or matching the ‘essential’ list on a job application. We ensure our students feel confident talking to others about their interests and ambitions so they present themselves in the best light possible – a critical element of being successful.
- Self-development: students are helped to understand themselves and what influences them.
- Career exploration: students investigate opportunities in learning, work and learning at a higher level e.g. degree programmes.
- Career management: students are helped to manage, change and transition into their chosen career paths.
ASPECT (Advice, Schools, Progression, Employability, Careers, Transition) support NSETC’s drop-in clinics, which are held every Wednesday from 11.20am-1.30pm at LibraryPlus in the South West Skills Campus.
At the clinics students can access careers support which includes help with CVs, job applications, apprenticeship advice, UCAS statements and Further Education and Higher Education guidance.
To book a one-to-one careers appointment email NSETC’s independent careers team, ASPECT, on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Emma Cox on 01934 411 611.
- UCAS: ucas.com
- The Student Room: thestudentroom.co.uk
- The Student Ladder: studentladder.co.uk
- National Careers Service: nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
- Not Going To Uni: notgoingtouni.co.uk
- Apprenticeship Vacancy Service: apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk
- Apprenticeship advice: gov.uk/topic/further-education-skills/apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship handbook: whatapprenticeship.co.uk
- Best Course 4 me: bestcourse4me.com
- Science Career Pathways: sciencecareerpathways.com