NSETC wants to make sure its Year 10 and 11 students are prepared for their next step – whether that is Further Education, continuing into employment or setting up their own business, students will receive guidance on all the options available to them.
Careers guidance is given to students by industry experts and through events and one-to-one sessions. NSETC students are taught how to impress at interview and gain key employability skills through enrichment and work experience to complement their academic qualifications.
NSETC’s Sixth Form provides an exciting opportunity for students who want to specialize in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). Students have the opportunity to complete A Levels, BTECs and Diplomas or a mixture of both A Levels and Diplomas.
ASPECT (Advice, Schools, Progression, Employability, Careers, and Transition) support NSETC’s drop-in clinics, which are from 11.20am-1.30pm every Wednesday at LibraryPlus in the South West Skills Campus.
At the clinics students can access careers support which includes help with CVs, job applications, apprenticeship advice, UCAS statements and Further Education and Higher Education guidance.
To book a one-to-one careers appointment email NSETC’s independent careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Emma Cox on 01934 411 611.
- UCAS: ucas.com
- The Student Room: thestudentroom.co.uk
- The Student Ladder: studentladder.co.uk
- National Careers Service: nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
- Not Going To Uni: notgoingtouni.co.uk
- Apprenticeship advice: gov.uk/topic/further-education-skills/apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship handbook: whatapprenticeship.co.uk
- Apprenticeship Vacancy Service: apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk
- Best Course 4 me: bestcourse4me.com
- Science Career Pathways: sciencecareerpathways.com